Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reading Notes: Canterbury Tales, Part B

   
(Fool me twice, shame on me; Online source, www.whisper.sh)

     All I can really say about this section is that I'm honestly just really confused. I had a really hard time taking much from this reading of use for me in my own writing. Most of the stories I couldn't get one main point from and I had a hard time reading them.

     The one main thing I can pull from these is that we should be careful who we trust, because often times we are easily fooled.

     "The Prioress's Tale: Little Hugh" was beautiful and well written but I'm not sure that it's something I'd really use as inspiration in my own writing.

     "Nun's Priest's Tale: The Cock, the Hen, and the Fox" was one that I mostly just took "don't be easily fooled" from. I liked the idea of someone having premonitions in their dreams, so I could possibly use that in a story but most of this story just seemed really long and drawn out to me.

     Finally, "The Canon's Yeoman's Tale: The Priest as Philosopher" was really confusing for me to read. Again, I took that we're prone to easily be fooled but I honestly didn't take much from this reading. I'll definitely be using the first half of the reading for my story telling this week!

Source
"Canterbury Tales" as retold by Eva March Tappan in "The Chaucer Story Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment