Sunday, April 2, 2017

Famous Last Words: Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired - Week 10

(Fry [Futurama] meme; online source, www.imgflip.com

     Week 10 of the semester in the books! I’m still struggling with my health this week. I can barely breathe and I can’t stop coughing. My head is congested and it sounds like I’m in a weird bubble and everything I hear is outside the bubble. Lol. My doctor said it is just severe allergies, which I’ve struggled with for most of my life, but I’m still not convinced. At one point this last week, I completely lost my voice just from drainage and dry coughing. Obviously, since I talk on the phone for a living, that wasn’t an ideal situation. My doctor changed my allergy meds and gave me a prescription for antibiotics in case things got worse over the weekend while they’re closed. I decided to go ahead and start the antibiotics, because things seemed to just keep getting worse. I’m still feeling pretty awful right now, but hopefully that will change soon. ***edit*** I ended up in the ER last night, April 2nd, due to all of this. They still think it's all just very severe allergies. They gave me two steroid shots at the hospital and they definitely helped calm my cough down. I'm still not feeling real great yet but it's a start! I should at least make it to school this week, so that'd definitely a small step up at the least!

     On a similar note, most of you probably remember that my husband and I moved at the beginning of March. Getting my medications filled has been a nightmare. I use Walmart pharmacy usually. I asked for them to be sent to my new pharmacy at the Walmart close to my house in Yukon. Then I got THREE separate texts about my meds being ready. One was ready at the old Walmart that I used to go to all the way in Newcastle (about 30 miles from my current house), one was ready at the Walmart I requested, and the third was ready at still ANOTHER Walmart (which I’ve never been to in my life)!!! So I tried to get them all pulled over to the right one… and I still don’t have them, because they’re now saying my insurance won’t cover “another” refill on the meds until next month (because they’re counting the first fill at the wrong stores as actual fills). *Sigh* Long story short… never move. HAHA. Just kidding. This is frustrating but it isn’t the end of the world.

     This week in school wasn’t too exciting. I missed two classes because of this sinus / sickness / whatever this is that’s going on. Hopefully I don’t regret that too much next week… My reading for Mythology and Folklore was exciting and terrifying a little this week. I read Native American stories this week and for some reason I was very nervous that I would write something offensive. Most of this unit seemed to be very grounded in religion, so I guess it just struck me as culturally important material that I didn’t want to ruin. I guess I kind of took the “easy” road by writing “A Forbidden Love”. I hoped this story would bring to light the very serious issue of how stigmatic mental illness still is but the original didn’t feel as seriously grounded in something spiritually important to the Native American culture. So, it felt “safe” to use “The Bear-Woman” as a source story.

No comments:

Post a Comment