Sunday, April 16, 2017

Famous Last Words: Just Making It By - Week 12

(Permanent Tiredness; online source, www.funnycaptions.com

     Well, this week has been a little bit better, depending on which aspect of life I'm looking at. I'm still "sick" with really bad allergies. I can't stop coughing and I'm having a difficult time breathing most of the time. However, I am feeling slightly better and I've got an appointment set up for next week with an allergist to get the ball rolling on a new allergy test. Hopefully they can pinpoint what my problem is and give me something to help make me feel better soon.

     School has been okay this week. I didn't do any reading or write a weekly story for mythology, because I've got plenty of points so I decided to take a break from the class. Mostly, it's because my computer decided to fail on me. The month before finals isn't really the best time for this to happen, so I'm really frustrated. I lost several homework assignments for my Spanish class and I borrowed my mom's laptop to help me scrape by for the time being. They said it could be April 29th before I get my computer back. *sigh* I'm just trying to make the best of a not so great situation, using the time I have this weekend to try and catch back up on my Spanish homework. I'm not very confident in my Spanish skills right now, but I'm slowly working towards improving. I am a lot happier with my mythology storybook project this week than I initially was. I was having some major writers block, but I think I worked through it and the end product turned out pretty good.

     This weekend has been frustrating too. I agreed to trade shifts with a co-worker to help her out, but I did not realize I had a late night overtime shift the night before. So, I ended up working until 2:00AM today and had to be back at work again for a 10 hour shift at 6:15AM. Since I couldn't get anyone to take my overtime shift for me, I had to work both shifts. I took my pillow and blanket to work and slept in my car for about 2.5 hours. I'm pretty exhausted at this point, so I'm finishing up this assignment and heading to bed!!

1 comment:

  1. I am allergic to grass, pollen, and mold so I often also have bad allergies. (It gets awful in the springtime). I am definitely sorry that the week you wrote this seemed to be bad with everything that was going on. It was definitely good though that you worked ahead and did not have to stress about reading and writing that week because you were ahead of the game. Hope the weeks after this one were better!

    ReplyDelete